Medical Social Worker
An Affinity Home Care Agency Medical Social Workers will provide helpful information and assistance needed to navigate the complexities involved in managing an illness or injury. Our social workers will address the social, physical, financial, logistical, and psychological aspects of your recovery.
Your Medical Care Social Worker may identify unmet social needs that make it difficult for you to manage your condition and medical issues. These may include difficulty finding transportation to medical appointments, providing resources to help you afford necessary medications, or assistance preparing healthy meals. Your Affinity Home Care Agency Medical Social Worker coordinates with you, your family, your healthcare providers, and other members of the home health team so you can receive the best care plan possible.
Their scope of work may include:
- Coordination of your medical team for long-term care planning
- One-on-one education about health and wellness, tailored to your individual needs, home routines and goals
- Support with coping skills
- Advocacy for patients, helping to communicate their needs and any issues that may affect their care to the healthcare team
- Help accessing financial assistance and health insurance coverage
- Referrals to helpful community resources (e.g., healthy meals, transportation or social outlets like a local senior center)
- Counseling for emotional or mental health concerns