Affinity Occupational Therapists adapt and enhance your activity of daily living. Teaching safety by increasing strength and balance. Theses activities include eating, meal preparation, medication reminders, grooming, dressing and other functional activities. Medicare will pay 100% for intermittent skilled Occupational Therapy, if the patient is home bound and the services are ordered by a physician.
Affinity Occupational Therapy is the therapeutic combination of art and science that allows individuals to live independent, productive, and satisfying lives. Affinity Occupational Therapy is based on the premise that “Occupations” occupy ones life, from basic living skills to work and leisure pursuits. Meaningful occupations have a therapeutic effect when used as an intervention as well as an achievable goal. Occupational Therapists work collaboratively with their clients to set goals and achieve maximum independence with daily living skills using a client-centered, individualized approach to treatment.
Our licensed Occupational Therapists help patients address a wide variety of conditions by applying a comprehensive array of therapeutic services. Each therapist provides teaching to maximize the patient’s functional knowledge of proper therapeutic techniques and to ensure compliance with prescribed program
- Home safety modifications
- Environmental adaptations
- Fall Prevention
- Maintain basic daily living skills (eating, dressing, bathing, cooking)
- Restore functional mobility for safe transfers
- Improve basic motor functions and coordination
- Increase strength and dexterity for livings skills
- Instruct in use of adaptive equipment
- Improve hand function
- Improve problem-solving skills, memory, and sequencing for independent living
- Compensate for permanent loss of function