Hi I’m Chris Zayid, owner of Affinity Home Care Agency. Recently I became a certified dementia practitioner.
- I feel this specific educational training is important to better serve our aging population.
- Dementia is not a specific disease, but rather an overall term that is used to describe a group of symptoms.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia making up 60-80% of all dementia cases.
- I became certified as a practitioner of 6 types of dementia.
These types of dementia are:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Vascular dementia
- Mixed dementia
- Dementia with Lewy body
- Dementia in Parkinson’s disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Over the next few weeks, I will be explaining what each of these types of dementia are and letting you know how we can help care for someone you love with dementia.
- 1 in 3 seniors will die with dementia, so this is a critical issue to address. Affinity Home Care Agency is committed to helping seniors age in place as independently as possible, for as long as they can.
- Call Affinity Home Care Agency at 888-806-8773, or check out our website for helpful information, www,affinityhomecareagency.com. Welcome to the family!