Top Foods for Brain Health, Mood and Memory
- Fatty fish: Omegas-3s and fatty acids. Most common sources are salmon and tuna.
- Dark chocolate: It has antioxidants and flavonoids and it’s a natural mood booster!
- Berries: High in flavonoids and antioxidants, try strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and deep rich color berries.
- Nuts and seeds: Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants. Try pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts.
- Whole grains: They offer vitamin E with brown rice, oatmeal and more.
- Coffee: A great antioxidant.
- Avocados: Unsaturated fats.
- Peanuts: They are a legume! They offer unsaturated fat and protein. They has resveratrol, a non-flavonoid antioxidant.
- Broccoli: May reduce oxidative stress, has vitamins C and K and has flavonoids. Also try brussel sprouts, bok choy, cauliflower, kale and cabbage.
- Eggs: Vitamins B-6, B-12, and folic acid.
BONUS: Turmeric, oranges and green tea for more health boosters!